Re: [Chrysler300] Gasolone

George,

Great to hear you got the J out. It was a great day for it!

I would like to go on record as saying that my G has the best fuel economy of anything in my fleet. At 14 to 16 mpg, it does better than anything else I own (this mileage assuming no hammerin' which isn't often).

I am amazed that a car 47 years old can get better mileage than my daily driver? I should point out that my driver is a true 500hp beast - SRT10 Ram. I had to do it, I can't fit in a Viper, no matter how hard I tried. besides, it's a blast!

So, the 500hp truck is a true rating at the engine. I wonder what the 375hp would actually rate by todays rating standards (net vs. gross)? Think it would hit 300hp? Then, I wonder what it would be at the wheels? I know the Viper Truck drops to around 430hp at the wheels. What would the G do? I got talked out of finding out at Chrysler at Carlisle a couple of years ago (Somebody said something about hubcaps being lethal weapons....).

Oh well, I haven't been able to get the G out for this killer whether. I have rear power window motors out for rebuild. I can't put the child seats in while disassembled. Having children brought a whole new meaning to cruisin'. Besides, hearing them squeal with laughter when the Viper Truck gets sideways under hard acceleration is pretty cool. I know, this'll come back to bite me in the ass in 12 or so years.

Don't let the gas prices keep you from having fun. These times won't last forever. It's gonna get worse.

Richard Osborne

>>> "George Riehl" <longrams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  >>>
Today, I got the "J" running after a bit of electrical problems. Spit & sputter, backfire, cough! One and one half year old gas! Down to the Citgo station. Put the credit card in, opened the gas cap, which then rolled under the car, way, way under. Flipped the lever aND STARTED PUMPING IN "SUMMER GASS".

Finally got the "J" running today after some electrical problems. Cough, sputter, 4 cyls. running, backfire and ran like a Model "T". One and one half year old gas in the tank! Down to the Citgo station. Slipped in the credit card, took the cap off the fill pipe, which then rolled way, way under the car.  Stuck the nozzel into the tank, started pumping premium (also adding a can of "OctaneBoost") fuel. Nineteen point 9 (19.9) gallons. Moved the "J" up to get the tank cap, installed. Went back to get the receipt. Opened the glove box door to record the purchase on my "fuel-mileage" pad. I was like putting my finger into an electric socket. Twenty (20) gallons at $4.269!  Eighty five dollars and thirty eight cents ($85.38)..........at 12 miles per gal, conservativly, the way I drive, I just made the station's profit for the day. Made the wages for the two employees for the day.
  Listening to the TV about summer gas prices, supposedly going over 5 bucks per gal, (thank you OPEC and Bushy baby) one has to consider traveling in these "BRUTES".  Property  and Income taxes may have to wait. Milk prices over 4 bucks a gal!  Motor oil 3 1/2 bucks a quart, if it's any good for the car.
  But what the heck, one only lives once. There is nothing like smelling tire "smoke" and rocketing down the road in a "beast", getting a glance of the cop that just "hit" you with the radar gun.
  At 78 years of age, the "kid" in me still lives. I see my neighbor has his Corvette out. Think I'll stop by and challenge him.  Darn, another trip to the gas station!

 Hey, you all, just don't sit there and look at the 300, break the piggy bank and borrow some of your kid's college fund, have some fun, safely.
   "Old" George Riehl

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: