Re: [Chrysler300] motor & trans out of 300C as one, or split?

Re: [Chrysler300] motor & trans out of 300C as one, or split?

My tale of woe:

In the 1970s, I undertook the rebuild of my 300-C. After removing the front
clip, radiator support, bumper etc., I removed the engine and transmission as
a  unit. I had a spare 300-C
engine which I mated to the trans and re-installed the complete unit  while
rebuilding the original to factory specs. This assembly never  leaked.

Later, after the body rebuild and reassemby, I pulled the spare engine  after
disconnecting it at the transmission (new front seal) and coupled the new
(rebuilt) original engine to it. Lo and behold! a pinched seal and a slight
leak. Finally stopped dripping on it's own. You may not be so lucky.

My advice is, if possible, reassemble the engine and transmission and
install as a single unit. This will avoid later headaches.

Gary Hagy
300-C, 300-C conv.
300-G conv.
300-E

In a message dated 12/1/2008 3:32:22 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,