[Chrysler300] rechroming & Chrysler300] Sill Plate

[Chrysler300] rechroming & Chrysler300] Sill Plate

Chrome plating generally can be real troublesome if things go wrong - and it can be as simple as a plater who always does excellent work, is recommended by others, has his polisher go on annual holidays at a time when the plater is too busy, and so the plater uses/hires temporarily, a polisher who he does not really know re how good he is.

And the plater and unfortunate customer find out he not too good, only when he has ruined your/others jobs.

And then there are the plain bad ones - hacks, wreckers. A young guy I know worked for a time for one of these, finally quit despite dating his boss daughter who was a stunner, as he got scared by repeated bikie customers coming in after his boss had wrecked their parts - he told me he knew whenever they were there, by hearing right through the factory walls into his polishing area, and noise of his machine, as his boss in his office was being bashed/beaten by them.

He got scared they might think it was he he ruined/dissolved their parts, so he quit before they beat him up. I am not a bikie, but 15 years ago that 20 years 'experienced' plater ruined a few 300C parts of mine, so maybe there is karma, justice eventually. Anybody got a good 300C rear bumper top filler piece?! - I still could do with a good one after he so warped a near mint one buffing it so hard/long, it stretched, rollercoastered, it's flatness, the full length of metal piece that sits atop rear bar on 300Cs/Ds.

If the Plater's polisher is good, excellent, you have as hope of good work. And if the plater still uses copper (which you should insist one), then you have a chance the job if good might last a fair while.

my thoughts from downunder - anyone wish to guess what the maybe World's owest miles '57 Chrysler New Yorker Convert will make at the coming '57 Heaven Auction??!!

 Christopher Australia