To: finsruskw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: jymopar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 17:02:00 -0300
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] rebuild steering gear 300G

It would be nice to have a rebate... as I just send them 4 units ( 300D, 300F, 300G and 60 Dodge), did not ask for a rebate... I think it may be difficult to get one as rebuilding those units is more a labour/time involving thing...the parts they replace are probably just a few $$, seals etc...Still worth asking??
3 out my 4 units were not rebuildable, housings were rusty where the seals sits, and 2 units had bad shafts, rust problems inside too!!
Some of my units had been sitting out of the cars for a long time, so I guess that doesn't help, kinda like a brake wheel cyl problem, rust and pits inside...then seals can't do it's job when the surface has pits...
I hope you all have better luck with your steering box units, Steer and Gear had one core to replace the 300D housing that was bad, so they are very helpfull, and I did have 2 good cores here. It is a good idea to open the box and inspect the housings and shafts before sending out, I should have done that before sending bad steering boxes out... lesson learned...
Jean-Yves