From: Rich Barber <c300@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] rumble
To: "'Michael Moore'" <mmoore8425@xxxxxxx>, mgoodknight@xxxxxxxx
Cc: LUCKYL46@xxxxxxx, Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 3:44 PM

      I'm just trying to learn a few things in advance of the arrival of our '64K

Ram Convertible.  It has a Sure-Grip differential.  What is the proper

lubricant for it?  As the car has been sitting for 30+ years, might it be a

good idea to drain the banjo and refill it?  Is any other differential

service indicated, like a flush?  Car had 88K miles on it and was running

when parked.

I'm still not sure that the car has the original ram block as the seller has

not been able to find the engine s/n, but Cuzzin' Gil has sent the

mickeyfilm  prints and the car started life as a ram convertible with

everything from soup to nuts on it (except speed control).  This includes a

tilt wheel which one reference said was N/A on a ram car.  I'm sure most of

the membership is very grateful to the microfilm service as provided by the

club through Cuzzin' Gil Cunningham.  Having the car's pedigree is a great

help in restoration and adds value to the car.  Thanks, again, Cuzzin' Gil

(my mother's maiden name was Cunningham and I got my Chrysler genes through

her father. No blood relationship has yet been established with Gil or

Briggs).

The car has been in a dry basement for all these years after getting a fresh

coat of the original Roman Red Poly.  Special thanks to all who got as

excited as me about the car and offered suggestions and parts.  I do have

the needed back seat lined up, but it is in white leather, rather than black

leather.  If anyone has a black leather seat rat-holed away for a special

occasion, this is it.  Other parts I'll hold off on until I get the car and

assess its needs.  I could use a fresh view of experiences with steering

wheel restorers as pictures of the round tilt wheel indicate it to be a

little ratty.  Or, if someone has a nice original one, I'd consider that.

Our '55 C-300 dropped a rear band in the PowerFlite so is in the shop

waiting on parts.  The parts guy is shipping a retrofit kit of a stronger

rear band assembly such as found in later TorqueFlites and says the

PowerFlites were known for a weak rear band.  Anyone else heard that story?

I'm off to a carshow in our little '86 Chrysler T&C convertible-the

"shelfpaper woodie".  The locals commented yesterday that they miss seeing

the big white brute.  I'll have to sell it and the little woodie soon to pay

for the resto of the Krag.

All the best to all readers.

Rich Barber