From: Bob Jasinski
Date: 9/25/2011 2:48:28 PM
To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] 413 oll pump

I think it's time to replace the oil pump in my 300G. I'm noticing pressure
is dropping to a very low level on a hot day after a long drive while in
gear and idling (went to the Ironstone Concours in Murphys yesterday)

I looked at Rock Auto, and they list 3 different oil pumps all from the same
manufacturer (Sealed Power) and one is standard, the second is
"High-Volume", the 3rd is "High Pressure". Prices are only $10 more as you
go up.

What gives? Why should I go with a standard pump if the other two are so
close in price? Is there a problem going with a non-stock pump? Could it
blow out seals in an older rebuilt engine? Those in the know please share
your knowledge on this.

Thanks!

Bob J

<*> Your email settings: