Re: [Chrysler300] rear windshield gasket

Re: [Chrysler300] rear windshield gasket

Johnnie,

I have a 56 New Yorker 2dr HT undergoing a frame off for which I  bought
Steele's rear window gasket  I have yet to install it as the  car is totally
apart.  So I will not be able to get the interior garnish  stainless trim
back on or at a minimum have to cut off the extra  rubber?

Glad to hear it fits the glass fine.  I had read some old  postings that it
lacked the slot for the exterior stainless, but asked and  Steele said it
had them.

Any idea where on earth to find a new windshield gasket for a 55/56
hardtop? Steele doesn't carry them.  Only Dodge/Plymouth.  I have  also heard
there are two types of windshield gaskets depending on whether or  not the car
had the exterior stainless trim with the hood/shade  versus the flat type on
the 300B.  Can anyone confirm this?   I also believe the windshield gasket
from a 4dr will work as the new  windshield (finally found one) says it will
fit all models but the  convertible.

My original windshield gasket was rock hard and had to be cut  out.
Finding a new one is proving very difficult.  If there are  no new sources I am
considering buying a used one if some member has one  they would sell!

Also looking for a passenger side exhaust manifold for a 56 hemi.

Thanks,
Greg Weaver
300D convertible

In a message dated 2/17/2012 2:34:34 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,