Re: [Chrysler300] theft protection

Dear Kai,
One of the most sophisticated in my opinion and
Reliable—  is also the simplest.
In an odd reverse of your question , I had a brand new 500 SL AMG “ blackout car” in 1985 . Grey market , one of only 2 stick shift AMG in USA .
So ,I  worry . Car really stands out , they want AMG rims  etc  . I had a 70 challenger 440 convert stolen twice , just before this .  They rip ignition switch key cylinder out with dent puller , unlocks steering wheel .
On AMG , I hid a 5$ commercial magnetic burglar alarm reed switch under the carpet near the front kick panel .. right at the joint . In that car it disabled the FI fuel pump I think via an added 30A relay powered from ignition via the reed switch . The arm of relay went to pump . When relay was off , the arm went to ground , so any attempt to hot wire the pump ( if very smart  crook) met with a short circuit to ground .=  Crank and no start. They leave. I  had a 2” long burglar alarm door magnet with me or even in car . You had to know where to place it , a wire was taped to it that caught in the rug .   I Made little magic marker lines so I knew where . I dislike commercial products that blow horn , can fail , false alarms , have computer junk etc . Unreliable . One has to not get Paranoid with complexity ( say theft by towing) as that is not preventable practically —  but also rare .
More likely someone crazy impulsively jumps starts car or very easily hot wires it ( early cars)    .
Another variant is to ground points thru a reed switch , same thing , opened by magnet  but have to hide wire well in harness at coil  ... thief would see it . Opening wire between coil and points also works— easier to hide ( one wire as usual in each place )  and smart thief would then see by a light or meter the 12 v on coil terminals as always and look elsewhere  , car cranks but won’t start defeats them fast      . Have to outsmart them .
Lots of variants , ignition on blows horn steady through reed switch .. but they will cut horn wires . Battery cut out switches are a joke and can hurt charging system , jumper cable goes right around it.
Good luck , keep it simple .
John
Sent from my iPhone not by choice