[Chrysler300] Some of Life's Great Moments........

[Chrysler300] Some of Life's Great Moments........

Have received two emails asking if the 300 F on BaT had been  mine.  It wasn't but might have been the first one I bought in 1964.  One request was from Angad, my 300K owning neighbor, and the other from my son Robert in Oregon.  It was a very similar car in options to my 1964 purchase and listed as owned in the latest roster by Albert Vannice. Today I check on the auction and see the high bid is a RJett. WHAT? A call to Rob tells me he has always considered the 300 F as one of the great cars of all time!!  He is willing to sell his 1968 440 RT Charger 4 speed in order to own it...What parent doesn't think that is a great tribute to the old guy that raised him? He reminded me of our drag race years ago with his Z28 and the F.
Many of you oldtimers will remember how we as a Club schemed to beat the whippersnapper only to have me quit early as I thought the first time board was the final when it wasn't.  Admittedly, he spotted me 2.345 seconds as a handicap but I blew it in the stretch.  Few moments in my life are as special.  Suppose he was going to buy it for me?  Maybe have Chip Foose Overhaul it?

Posted by: Larry Jett <larrywjett@xxxxxxxxx>