RE: {Chrysler 300} Xout to slipover rear drums '57-'64.

>some of these drums are toast. Their difficulty in removal meant that for years they were never serviced. Some of these have shoes with no friction surface left at all and have ruined the drums.

Danny -

All true statements. But the point that the guy was making was that you should do the conversion because of difficulty of removal for general servicing. I had issues removing drums because the shoes were stuck onto the drums after years of sitting outside. When finally removed, the drums were a mess. So drums, shoes, frozen center supports with rounded hex-head adjusters were all replaced with good used parts from dry cars. All good now. And when I had to service a leaky rear wheel cylinder on my 58 Plymouth, I was able to remove the rear drum with minimal effort, even though the brakes hadn't been touched in about ten years.

Ron