Re: engine rebuild questions

Apply now for a No-Annual-Fee Discover® Platinum Card
0% Intro APR*, No Annual Fee, Up to 2% Cashback Bonus®
award* Start Saving Today ? APPLY NOW! It's fast, easy and
secure.
caaciqQb7yoMza/Discover Card

Zack,

When doing oil pan and valve cover gaskets, I usually use an inch-pound
wrench.  12 ft lbs = 144 in lbs.  Oil Pan gasket will sometimes squish
out because of the type of sealer used.  Last one I did, I torqued it 1/2
way down, let the sealer dry an hour or so and torqued it the rest of the
way.  A good dinner break is usually the close.

Shouldnt need to grease the fuel pump shaft.

--Tom

On Tue,  1 Jun 2004 22:24:48 +0000, laborboy@xxxxxxxxxx said:
> Putting my 383 long block together and have a couple questions for the
> resident experts:
>
> 1. oil pan gasket, Felpro. When I torqued it to about 12 ft lbs, the
> gasket at the bolts squeezed out about 1/8 inch. this looked scarey to
> me, so I didn't torque to the recommended 15. maybe my torque wrench
> needs to be recalibrated. is this amount of gasket unusual? (I did use
> blue silicone on both sides)
>
> 2. is oiling the touching metal parts enough, or do I need to put cam
> grease on them (such as where the fuel pump lever touches the actuator
> rod.
>
> Thanks for help. More to come, I'm sure.
>
> Zack

Tom
65 Dart GT 'vert
68 Plymouth 'vert
Longmont, CO

--
                          love email again

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
caaciqTb7yoMzf/ExpertCity

----

b7yoMz.