RE: gas tank capacity?

[AD removed for archives]
Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
caaclxSb7yoMza/OmahaSteaks

Dave already gave some good tips.

Also:

1. Why the aftermarket repro gas tanks are 15 gallon versions is a good
question. The '63 Ply 'B' body data sheet I read said 20 gallon
capacity. Maybe there's a typo in the repro literature?
sales@xxxxxxxxxxxx is the e-mail addrress of one vendor selling these.
Why don't you ask them why the difference and let us know what they tell
you?

2. There are also kits that you can buy to clean and seal the gas tank
you have. POR sells such a kit, as do others.

3. The brass float may have stress crack or super tiny hole that has let
in a very small amount of gas into the float. This prevents it from
swinging the sending unit all the way so as to register FULL on the dash
gauge.

Gary H.

> >Hi, guys
> >
> >About the gas tank on my 1964 Fury:
> >
> >1.  The replacement tanks are 15 gallons, yet my car supposedly >> has a
> >19 gallon tank.  What gives?
> >
> >2.  My original tank is undercoated and solid with no leaks.  Should I
> >even bother replacing it?  I've been told the inside gets all nasty.
> >
> >3.  My fuel gauge only goes to 3/4 tank when full.  Is that a problem
> >with the sending unit?
> >
> >Thanks for the help!
> >
> >Sean Bolter

Sponsor a child today through Children International.
Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
caaciqSb7yoMzf/Children's Int'l

----

b7yoMz.