From: "Andy Grow" <sixtyfourmopar@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "62 to 65 Mopar list" <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 1:13 AM
Subject: 64 restoration...what's the next step?

Trying to do some future planning (I love to plan, and I REALLY love to
DO...) on my 64 Polara 500.

Once the 318 Poly engine rebuild is done and back in the car, and I can
drive, steer, and (most important), STOP the car, I'm looking at doing some
less "costly" ($$$) things to it, until we get back to the lower-48 next
year...

Fortunately the body is in pretty good condition.  The hood is nice and
straight, with the exception of a small 2"x2" area that looks like a tree
branch fell on it, and the front fenders are both very straight, with a
small area of rust bubbles coming up through the drivers side.

What my question is - is it worth it for me to do the bodywork on the hood
and fenders NOW (which will be 99% my labor) and then have it primed and
painted (not a top-quality paint job now...), and then have it completely
repainted again once the entire body is done in 2-3 years?  Or should I just
wait and do all the bodywork at once, followed by the priming and painting?

I'm gonna want to stay busy with the car over the winter (I love my garage!)
and this is a relatively inexpensive way to keep working on it, by doing the
filling and sanding myself.

Whaddya think, should I go for the "beautiful front end paint job" look, or
just wait?  :)

Thanks!
Andy

[AD removed for archives]
Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
caacpgjb7yoMzf/OmahaSteaks

----

b7yoMz.