From: "Gary H." <62to65mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 8:31 AM
Subject: Houston Mopar Show & Race

[AD removed for archives]
Do you live vicariously through Reality TV? Let us know and win!
caacHM1b7fOBRa/PermissionData

Hello all,

I spent a lot of quality hours at the Houston Mopar Show & Race this
weekend. We had a brief rain delay on Saturday, but Sunday was clear.

Had a good visit with Clubhouse member Jimmy Peavy and saw his nice '63
Polara 500 run high 12's in the 1/4. Missed seeing the race he had
against a '63 Plymouth running in the 10's. Darn. That would have made a
nice picture!

There was a pretty good turnout of show cars and race cars. I think
about 175 Mopars were entered in the car show, with quite a number of
racers too. There  also were a lot a trucks, as the Dakota Club was a
major show co-sponsor and brought out about 100 Dakota trucks from all
over the country, and Canada.

The top news is that the "Best of Show" was a 1962 Dart max wedge 413
car, a 1 of 3 made car originally out of California, now residing in
Missouri, I believe. I took a number of pictures of the '62 and will
post a page about it asap.

Meanwhile, you can see one picture of the '62 Dart online, along with
several '62 to '65's, and some of the more offbeat vehicles that showed
up at the Houston Mopar Show & Race, here:
http://www.houstonmopars.org/2004sr/picsgh/2004hmsrpicturesgh.html

Enjoy!

Gary H.

P.s., There were, of course, dozens of other nice later 60's and early
70's  Mopars at the show and race, along with PT's and FWD turbo cars,
like 13 second Neons. Photos of these will show up on the Houston site
over the next month as people submit the photos for posting.
I think

[AD removed for archives]
Is Gay Marriage a Civil Rights Issue? Click here and win.
caacHM3b7fOBRf/PermissionData

----
topic.  Thanks!

[AD removed for archives]
Is Unemployment on the rise? Answer and Win!
caacHNhb7yoMzf/PermissionData

----

b7yoMz.