Re: Rear valence

[AD removed for archives]
Get 4 Free low-fat, low-carb recipes
caacNoLb7yoMza/PermissionData

I don't really think that that's it's intended purpose.
Two "L" strips 8" or 10" long wouldn't do that.
I really think it's meant to prevent the bumper from body contact.

Jimmy

Thomas R Hansen wrote:

[AD removed for archives]
Free recipes to get you in shape
caacNoTb7QKt5a/PermissionData

I didn't know what else to call it and I'm not sure if
it's called a rear valence on the 64 Fury. I can't
find the part in my trusty 64 collision parts list
book. The rear valence or pan extends horizontally
across the rear between the bumper and body. I just
need to find the rubber edge molding or a substitute.

Gary

Gary, Is Steele rubber products still in opperation? They did have a catalogue with pictures, that you could cross reference look alikes. Seems to me I replaced the one on my Satellite, but I don't remember exactly where I got it. A thin rubber strip, like the radiator/hood seal, on a later model mopar, will work. All you are doing is making a rubber seal between the bumper and that bumper filler strip. Keeps the bumper from scooping air from under the car, to divert it up the back side of the trunk. Helps prevent carbon monoxide from entering the trunk past the trunk seal. The bumper covers most all of it from sight on top of the car, and it looks like black rubber from under the car. So if you can't find the exact replacement, you can improvise. Tom in Dallas

[AD removed for archives]
Claim your tickets to Universal Orlando now
caacNozb7QKt5f/PermissionData

----

[AD removed for archives]
Like music? Get a CD Player here