RE: 2 post lifts

[AD removed for archives]
Amazing Diet Patch
caacYkHbOk33ra/MyDietPatches

I bought my 2 post 2 years ago from "Team Lift", in Ft. Worth, TX. However, I would have to say, looking at the picture in the listing you gave, it is the same thing. (I did go for a 9000 lb model though, wanted plenty of margin for the Imperial and the Rams). Also, I ordered the regular-ceiling model, and they accidently sent me the low ceiling model like you are looking at. They then sent the different parts to make it the regular model and didn't want to pay the freight to get the low-ceiling parts back, so I still have them too.

I chose a 2 post because a transmission shop employee-friend told me that his shop had both, and the 2 post was much easier to use for many jobs, and when changing transmissions, even though he'd been doing it every day for 15 years, he still had trouble banging his funny bones on the edges of the ramps working on the transmissions.

The 2 primary negatives I found on this cheaper lift are (1) you have to go to both posts to unlock the safety locks, while more expensive lifts let you stand at one position to unlock both sides (2) I didn't bother with the "assymetrical" arms, nor the "3 piece arms", just got the standard 2-piece arms; I wish I had gotten 3 piece arms for the extra dough. When putting a shorter car like my wife's Neon on the lift, the arms are not short enough for all four sets to swing underneath the car at once, so I have to swing either front or rear arms under, then move the car a few inches, then swing the other set under, and reposition the car, kind of a pain on shorter cars. One of these days I may get with the company and spring for one pair of the 3 piece arms to make that easier.

The price for the 9000 pound model was $1699 plus shipping from Ft. Worth, too bad I didn't pick up on the existance of the company you found, as I am about 45 miles from Franklin. They delivered to a buddy's body shop, and he and three body men helped me load the parts onto my trailer. Then, another friend who needed the transmission changed in his '91 Tracer helped me install the lift. I bought a hammer drill and two 3/4" bits (nice excuse to buy a new toy!), five gallons of the proper fluid, a roll of #10-2 wire, etc, and the company had already supplied the anchors and anchor studs along with all other bolts and nuts. It took us about 5 hours to install the lift from unloading the parts (using my cherry picker for the columns) to driving a car onto it and test lifting it. Then he got his transmission changed out the next day, in one afternoon! Wow that was nice. (I'd already bought a cheap lift-style trans jack off eBay in anticipation).

Since then I've bought a pair of OTC underlift jack stands and one OTC "foot pedal" underlift jackstand, which is nice for positioning axles to install shocks and stuff like that, and an underlift oil drain outfit, it just gets easier and easier.

Bill & Kathi Parker, South Central Indiana
'56 Chrysler Windsor; '60 Chrysler Saratoga; '62 Plymouth Max Wedge; '64 Dart convertible; '65 Barracuda \6; '65 Imperial; '68 Barracuda FB 340-S; '69 Barracuda FB now 360; '70 Challenger; '72 Cuda '340

[AD removed for archives]
** Get Your Own Support-a-Cure Yellow Bracelet for $1.99 ** Show your support for finding cures for both AIDS & Cancer. Get yours for just $1.99. This bracelet makes a difference.
caacYkkbOk33rf/Penn Media

----

bOk33r.