Distributor recap long read

[AD removed for archives]
Buy any items from KMART from clothes to tool with a $500 Kmart=20
gift card. All you have to do is click on the link and recieve=20
your gift!=20=20
=
caadi1fbOyW3Na/RewardsVenue

Below are some of the posts that helped with my decision to abandon my=20 vacuum advance, except the 4 second flat response just threw me for a=20 loop? the info on there site is what got me started thinking that maybe I=20 will be better off without the vacuum advance and order one of their=20 stage 2 distributors. So, I emailed them the specs. of my set up. also posted below, and they=20 say I need a stage one distributor which has the vacuum adv.? I don't=20 want to go back to the vacuum adv.? also looking at my cam specs on my card and=20 comparing them to the stock cam specs in the FSM they give one # 248=20 degrees for both intake and exhaust how do I compare that to the 4 #'s for=20 duration on my cam card? the biggest one is 274 degrees. and my overlap=20 is 52 degrees compared to the stock overlap of 30 degrees. Gary P.'s stroker cam 290=20 degrees, all are on 110 degree lobe centers. Looking at these #'s I'm=20 not so sure I can call my cam a mild cam? how about a 1/2 cam 3/4 cam? (o: At what=20 point does the cam start affecting the vacuum advance no vacuum advance=20 issue? I'd like to get a timing tape and see if I can dial in my distributor a=20 little better does any one know what numbers I should go for? Am I the=20 only one running a Poly with no vacuum advance? My Poly's not perfect but I=20 think it really likes the vacuum advance eliminated. I really pushed it=20 hard on the weekend trip with the wagon full, my family and our excessive amounts=20 of luggage the Poly pulled us over the grades and passes that normally=20 gave me a little trouble, an annoying slight ping at part throttle, now there's=20 no ping no backing down... no one is gunna pass me on the hill. please read the posts and I would like to hear any comments on my Poly=20 engines set up so far, or any one else who has tried something similar. I feel like I'm working in the dark here so if anyone can shed some=20 light, feel free to jump in any where along the threads. and to see pics and read more about my car click on the link below my=20 name. thanks Schuyler 62 Dodge Dart 440 wagon w/ Poly 318 <http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-wrobel62.html>

Hey,
Sorry I've been out of town.
=A0
You need a Stage 1 distributor, FBO Ignition Kit and a intake manifold=20
designed more for your engine profile, your engine is never going to be=20
happy with that single plain.
=A0
Stage 1 Distributor=A0 $125.00
FBO A-688 Ignition Kit...$129.00