From: Robert neal zimmerman [mailto:northwestweirdo@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 10:19 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: huh?? distributor mystery for Neil

well long story short its still got me confused.
   In effect if I follow the manual and have the  intermediate shaft
   pointing the correct way and wire up the cap  as per manual u
   basically cant turn the distributor far enough to get it to run right
   because the vacumn advance canister hits the coil.
   I triple checked my points, they are gapped perfect at .017 and dwell
   is right on with what the boook says.
   Now this  all could be corrected if I lifted the intermediate shaft
   and moved it by a tooth , that would probably  give me enough swing
   room around the coil.
   So i currently have it running with the  plug wires  shifted
   counterclockwise by one hole.
    It works but it drives me crazy as i am the kind of guy  who wants
    to know why all the time.
     As an interesting footnote  a guy at the parts house says he has
     heard of this before on the LA small blocks, and also i was looking
     at a close up  photo of a 340  in a  book and the guy in the photo
     had the  plug wires set up the same way .
    Its driving me crazy , I am going to light the car on fire after
    work tonite and push it over a cliff.
   Neal Zimmerman, Eugene

[AD removed for archives]
Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
caadHlxbOyW3Nf/ProductTestPanel

----

bOyW3N.