RE: short block storage

[AD removed for archives]
FREE DVR
And up to 3 additional standard receivers!
Call 1-800- 901 - 5080 Today
caaeas1bOyW3Na/DirectSatTV

Sean B wrote:

> I have a rebuilt, fresh short block on an engine stand in a garage.  It
> is now wet to the touch from moisture in the air.  What should I do?  It
>
> needs to sit there for the winter.  Any help will be greatly
> appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sean

There is a product that is available, I think, similar to cosmoline. I
work for a company that builds turbines and we use it to preserve
machined parts and whole assemblies inside and out.It is pumped through
the innards just by the lube oil pumps. It is oil soluble and mixes
readily with regular oil to flush out when put in use. It is brushed on
or sprayed depending on the situation. I am currently laid off so I
can't get the name of it now. Maybe someone on the lists knows exactly
what I'm referring to.
Dave

[AD removed for archives]
caaedmqbOyW3Nf/PC PowerScan