a body 8.75 rears

[AD removed for archives]
caaedmqbOyW3Na/PC PowerScan

OK, i know this isnt quite 62-65 territory  but bear with me if u will.
   As my economy car i have a 1968 two door sedan post Plymouth Valiant/
   slant six/904 .
   of course u know i am just itching to drop a small block 340 or 360
   in there and make a  nerdy looking street sleeper.
     The lady i bought  the car from just contacted me that she had
     found the  8.75 a- body rear end she thought she  had in her barn.
     Its all setup with sure grip, brakes, axles, etc. I dont know the
     gear ratio  yet. She said she wants 750 for it. I bet I could
     wiggle her down to 650.
   My questions are :
    1) Will this fit my car.  Was an a-body 8.75 the same thru the years
    or did they have different widths spring perches, etc?
     2) What should i look for? I dont know much about rears, any way i
     can tell if its any good, what to look for, things I could check,
     etc??
       3) Is the price fair?? Or should I walk.  That seems pretty high
       to me  but i know thersee rears are rare and if the chunk was
       good  and the gears in good shape  maybe it would be worth it?
   PS:   What was that  I saying about my 68 valiant being my economy
   car?

--
                          or over the web

[AD removed for archives]
FREE DVR
And up to 3 additional standard receivers!
Call 1-800- 901 - 5080 Today
caaeas1bOyW3Nf/DirectSatTV

----

bOyW3N.