RE: Heater Delete - Need Details

Don,
On newer cars and I would assume on our older cars as well, the heating
and defrosting system pulls in outside air, which usually comes in
through the cowl vent at the base of the w/s. I would also assume if you
pull out your heating system you may need to weld up the large opening
or you will have water runnning inside your car (washing it or that
unexpected rain storm) if indeed the system pulls in air through the
cowl area. Something to check out.
I would be curious to know also if you have a heater delete option what
is the ducting for the venting.

Akron Don wrote:

> I'm trying to make it look original, although the possibility of finding
>
> a two button heater fan switch plate at a reasonable price is probably
> going to force me to keep the four button unit. I'll probably put the
> correct plugs in the firewall as they did on the A/C cars.  Thankfully,
> it's not an A/C car.
>
> I'm figuring there was a fan or something and some ducting or did they
> just open the flapper by the passenger side kick panel?
>
>      Akron Don
>
> Stevan Miner wrote:
> >
> > Hi Don,
> > I did the same on my 65 Satellite as it was an original AC equipped
> > car. I just left the heater buttons in place. I blocked the heater
> > hose and AC lines holes and filled them in under the hood for a
> > cleaner look. I can send pictures if needed.
> > Stevan Miner
> > Miner Auto Service
> > Winnebago, MN
> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Don" <dgallimore@xxxxxxxxxx>