Re: cam brakes etc

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 09:50:57 -0500, "Don Dulmage" <big-d@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
said:

 So far i havent even a had a tweek of thought to install discs. Now for
 all
> you guys who love discs , dont say nothing.

My car came with Duster front disc brakes from the guy I bought it from.
The calipers are mounted in the front side of the rotor. Shouldn't they
be in the back side of the rotor to stop the car better? I can't mount a
sway bar because of the way they are mounted. The rear brakes are Wagner
shoes with a metalic lining. I really have to stand on the pedal to get
the car to stop. I just don't think that is good. I don't feel
comfortable driving it because of that and the way it wanders around on
mostly country two lane roads. Smooth highway roads it's okay but not
great.
I still think I'm going to look into the MP front and rear disc brakes
next spring. I'll probably have to change out the spindles anyway by
using their stuff.

Bill C.

--
  William Cole