741 pot

yes it fits also a 489 or a 42 case pot fits.  My posi (ok limited slip or what have you_ came from a 489 set up. It was givine to me becase it was sticky and wouldnt always release for corners. Fits right in the old 741 case and pops right in my 63 stock rear end with the tapered axles. If you get a set of street axles made and use the green bearing (which are by the way the style other manufacturers used for production cars)  then all you need area set of axles made to the same dimensions as you tapered ones. About $160 each i believe is the current priceWith the green bearing set up you done have to bother with the shims for end play.  if the tapered axles dont bother you then leave them. they work fine, justa pain when overhauling  but that should be a once i the cars lifetime only deal. When i remove the axles for a gear change etc i und the brake lines and the emergency brake cable and unbolt the backing plate and slide it all out together. like the hooked on phonics add says. It worked for me.  My 63 came with a 741 case by the way but i also have an unmarked one from another car.
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)
http://stores.ebay.ca/Don-Dulmage-Enterprises