RE: Turn Signal/Horn Wire Harness Removal

RE: Turn Signal/Horn Wire Harness Removal

Hi,

I want to add another step.

Once you have disconnected the wiring connectors from the plastic plug,
tape a piece of string to one of the wires.  When you pull the wires
out, the string will follow and you can tape the new wires to the string
and pull them down the column instead of pushing the wires down and
groping for them at the opening where they are to meet the body wiring.

Have fun.

K.

HoustonDB@xxxxxxx wrote:

> You have to remove the terminals from the plastic connector at the end
> of
> the harness.
>
> Make a little sketch to show which color wire goes to the different
> positions in the plastic connector.  Release the terminals from the
> plastic  connector
> and then slowly pull the turn signal cam and wiring out of the  steering
>
> column.  If you skip down about halfway on the page in the link  below,
> it has a
> picture and a little information about removing the plastic  connector.
>
> _http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-houstons-steeringcoupler.html_
>
> (http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-houstons-steeringcoupler.html)
>

> Hope that helps.....
>
> Houston