Re: Heater Core and overheat

Back in the 60's when I ran my Polara,I had a lot of
rust in the cooling system issues. It got so bad it
eventually corroded through several frost plugs. I was
told then it was due to the rough casting of the
blocks themselves. I think technology for blocks and
antifreeze has taken that problem away for the most
part.Running a correct pressure is a must,especially
w/AC.Before I stripped my car for the body shop I
drove it several mos. in the summer of 03.With a 2
core rad. and seven blade fan I had no trouble. This
was in 80-90 temps in Nebraska too.
You might consider getting the block flushed at the
same time you have a new core put in.
--- SUNSHINE Higgins <Sizie52@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks so much for all who responded to my heater
> core questions. I have
> looked around and found a shop who can get my heater
> core re-cored in 4 to 5
> days! A friend suggested that at the time I replaced
> my heater core that I also
> get a new heater control switch. I may have a source
> to locate this
> switch...but  having more than one place to look is
> very helpful...any one have any
> other  ideas where I can find a heater control
> switch?
>   This is for my 1962 Dodge dart Wagon with 318
> engine and factory  AC.
>
>  Sean...all of your ideas are very helpful,
> however...I have noticed  that my
> car runs hot after I have been running it a while
> during long
> distances...say 30 minutes or more. It never seems
> to get to the highest end of  hot or over
> heat...just running on the mid point between the
> middle of the temp  control
> and the high end of the temp control. It worries me
> when it does this as  I
> can smell the fluids burn...or the antifreeze and I
> have NO leaks?
> What do you or anyone else think about this and to
> the fact that my heater
> core hoses have been bypassed...not capped or
> disconnected?
>
> If anyone knows if that heater core on e-bay I sent
> info on in an earlier
> e-mail works with my car and the factory AC...sandon
> air compressor...please let
>  me know asap!
>
> Susan R. Higgins

> removed]
>

> ----
> Please address private mail -- mail of interest to
> only one person -- directly to that person.  I.e.,
> send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well
> as other personal messages only to the intended
> recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This
> practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total
> volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to
> Mopar topic.  Thanks!

George