Paint Job Question?

Are there any members who have recently done a repaint of their car?
I'm hoping to have my 64 Belvedere 4 door done very soon.
Much of the primer is showing, I have some metal to replace (got the
panels).
It's original paint, faded more in places than others, and the metal is 99%
good.

I don't know if a complete stripping of the car is in order, if so I'd like
to do as much as I can myself.
I plan to undress her completely, have the stainless, bumpers and pot metal
done while it's being painted.
I've put off painting for 2 years and I can't wait any longer.
I'm changing the color from light blue to dark blue metallic, with a little
flake (just a bit).
I plan to have the door jambs, engine compartment and trunk done too.
Complete paint job.

This is the car that will get the stroker when done.

Tell me what you did, system used and what sort of prep was involved.
I'd like to spend as much time as I can on prep, I know how important it is.

Tom Duross
Boston
Go Red Sox

----