From: Bill <Y1TopBanana73@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 12:06 pm
Subject: Re: 65 Kickdown Adjustment

The part throttle kick down "at speed" I can understand...and I
wouldn't expect it to go 3-2 unless you drop the hammer. But if I slow
down to take a corner at a "city" intersection (ie 10-15 mph) then I
would expect it to at least drop to 2nd and not take off in 3rd. So
you 're saying the way it's not down shifting is normal??

Bill M
65 Coronet 500 'vert

On 8/7/07, bschleic57@xxxxxxx <bschleic57@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> One comment.? You HAVE to floor a '65 727 to get it to shift from Drive to
2nd.? Thats the way its supposed to work.? Part throttle kick-down didnt come
around on the V8 cars until about 1971.? Did you check the fluid level in
Neutral not park per the FSM?