To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2007 2:34 AM
Subject: Been away from the list a couple years

Hello,

Well, I finally got my fastmail account re-activated, and figured out
how to get the list to start sending e-mails to it again.  So, I am back
and will plan on getting into this mail more often.  Hopefully every
other day if not daily.

As you can tell, I'm still alive and kicking.

To re-introduce myself, I'm Tom Watters.  I lived in Colorado when I
intially joined the list a back in the spring of 2001.  I was pretty
active in reading each and every post up until the time we moved to Las
Vegas in 2004.

I still have my '65 Dart GT and was driving as my daily driver up until
about a month or so ago, when I took it down for radiator repairs.  It
didnt like the 110 degree weather and blew a couple of leaks.  Will be
repairing it this next month as the temp's are coming down now.

You may have seen my Dart at Mopars At the Strip if you attended this
year. It was the Black Convertible in the popular choice (Rough
survivor).  I was lucky enough to place 2nd in the Stock A-body category
for Popular Choice (Thanks to anyone who may have voted for it).  I
spent most of my time this year helping my dad out with his swap meet
space.  He emptied about 1/3 of the barn this year.

-- Non-62-65 stuff

My '68 Plymouth has been parked for about 1 1/2 years.  Its just biding
its time until I hang a new quarter on it and sand it down for paint.

In terms of other acquisitions, I have a '76 Ramcharger in the garage
I'm putting the engine back together for.  Its pretty rusty, but it will
end up being my truck for diggin' in the desert.

We picked up a 93 Town and Country, as my daughter will start driving
sometime within the next year.  She'll be 16 in November.  Its rust-free
and  fully loaded, the price was right (Free).  After she's got some
time behind the wheel, we'll see what other type of mopar we might be
able to put her in.  Who knows, maybe she'll want ol' ugly (The
Ramcharger) after we get some sheet metal on it and paint it.

Anyhow.  Good to be back.  I saw a lot of familiar names on the mailing
list between yesterday and today.

Will be around
--Tom
--