shocks

hi, just took my 63 dodge for a run after sitting in garage for 7 years. drove it around the block occasionally to keep things ticking over but without rego couldn't go far. car handled like a dingy in a storm. kept drifting around & if i hit even a small pothole [ which on south australian roads there are  pleanty], it would veer to the right. sitting in the driveway it also looks like it's leaning to the right. have never replaced the shock absorbers and am thinking it may be time. whats a good test procedure for shocks front & rear. rears areair shocks which i keep pumped up to the max to stop car from looking as if its dragging its arse. would this contribute to jumpiness? whats a good brand of shocks for these cars & do any australian members no where to get them? thanks for any help, cheers, richard.

----