Re: Disappointing Discovery / ID'ing a Poly

Re: Disappointing Discovery / ID'ing a Poly

Gary,

Yup...drivers side of the block...just below the head / block mating
line, the punched in numbers are ground away...I can actually see the
grinding marks. I'm not sure what I want to do just yet, I'm just
pissed that someone would do that. I guess they thought they were
removing a VIN or something. And I'm still curious why it's turquoise
and whether it's a non-auto block.

Bill - It's the 2 that's off center and actually a different font. The
6 is in-line and the same as the rest of the characters. Don't know if
that means anything or not.

Dan - Does your book give ANY more info other than the casting numbers
are for 318 poly engines? dates, etc?

Thanks

Bill M
65 Coronet 500 'vert