To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:01 PM
Subject: RE: '64 Plymouth b-body grille and aluminum molding

Well that's what I thought too Kevin and as George said the
configuration looks all wrong between the 2 years. And yes my
interchange book says the same thing Gary and I thought the ebay seller
was wrong too. However after looking at both my cars parked side by side
I'm not so sure. Yes the 64 cowl is flater and narower and the
windshields and dashes are completley different but the front lip of the
cowl that buts up to the hood has the same shape. And both hoods have
the exact same feature lines. And as Dave said the only difference I see
besides the holes in the 63 hood for the letters is that there's no
holes in the inner lip of the 63 hood to get at the nuts that hold the
64 trim on the front lip. And now Dodger says he has a 63 hood on his 65
Satellite. This wouldn't be the first time I've seen Mopar pull
something like this off. Did you know that the hoods on the 73 to 76
Darts are the exact same hoods that were used on the 69 Barracudas?

Dan

Kevin Merkley wrote:

Hi Dan,

I would be surprised if the 63 hood would fit correctly on a 64.  The
cowl on a 63 is different and comes to something like a point where the
64 is more straight.

I have seen the fenders swap but I doubt the hood.

K.

----