Re: original maxie on ebay

i saw the car and i just got a 65 ply in similar
condition for $4000, albiet a 273 car, and i own a 63
ply a little worse but no rust bucket. i know theres a
plethora of opinions and points of view, but heres one
from a 33 yr old w/ a family of 4 on one income. to be
honest the "investors" can have it. i love my hobby
and w/ my 65, when my 413 goes in (i built it for
another car and i know its not correct), me and my
famliy will have fun. theres alot of cruise ins and a
new drag strip opening in town in September. i can
drive it and truley enjoy the cars my dad was building
and busting all the chevy and ford guys with. when i
was growing up my dad was "stupid to be fooling w/
those mopars" they werent going to be worth nothing.
well now they all know better, and my dad doesnt have
a dime to show for it anyways. they missed the point,
even back then, it was about power. he actually owned
a 65 conv. fuelie vette as a kid, the fuel inj. unit
in the trunk, carb and headers on the 327, but couldnt
get the power of a 68 383 barracuda he test drove out
of his mind. he sold the vette for 2800 and had mopars
ever after. just one opinion of many and no one will
be completely right, but this is what suits my
desires. i wanna drive it, hard w/ no regrets. i'd
rather make my wife grin by stomping it every now and
then, instead of showing her the $100,000 hotwheel i
built, "look but dont touch"...not bashing, to each
his own. but at this rate my kids will be building 92
LX's in 20 years. which i will be cool w/ since they
wont have much choice anyways. Sean Dietz

 --- Musclecarguy <musclecarguy1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I took a peek at this guys car. It appears that for
> the most it is all there. In my opinion it would
> require basically everything to be a once again nice
> car. I have restored mnay cars and the cost isn't
> cheap. I'm just curious to hear what some of you
> maxie
> guys think this car in its present condition is
> worth.
> Also, what do you think this car will show as a high
> bid. Currently, it is at around 20,000.00 which is a
> lot of money considering you have to redo it all. I
> know it shows only 9700 miles, but still. What do
> you
> guys think?  Lyle in Montana

> Be a better friend, newshound, and

> ----
> Please address private mail -- mail of interest to
> only one person -- directly to that person.  I.e.,
> send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well
> as other personal messages only to the intended
> recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This
> practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total
> volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to
> Mopar topic.  Thanks!

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

----