stacking gaskets

 Stacking exhaust gaskets,  felpros, is an EXCELLANT idea. First it works absolutley flawlessly.
If something works flawlessly it is always a good idea.
Why?
Because if you look how our heads are made  you wll notice that the exhaust surface has a lip on it . Often the headers are made a just a bit higher than this and sometimes they are affected by this lip. Double gasketing with felpros places the header out just ennough so this can never be a problem and felpros do not blow out. They last for ever, especially when nstalled this way. When I had the shop i used to get them here all the time headers leaking , the original header gaskets installed. or some rinky dink coppper deally or Mr gs. I finally got to the point where I would get furious. I had told every single one of these folks what to use for t no trouble but someone advised them different. I would instantly rip out the crap  install a set of double felpros and that was always the end of it. Some old racer told me many years ago . I had tried everything else  That put an end to the problem and that was in the 1970s and I have used it ever since. A blown header gasket on a well tuned race car can cost up to 2 tenthhs. We didnt have that to give away. On the street nothing is worse than a leaky header. I cant stand it myself . Try it. It works perfectly. No "if it does not" crap. it is a simple fool proof solution to a very annoying problem. Period!
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)