SV: 360 camshaft

Hello Mr. Dulmage.

Thank You for your reply.
I have been looking at your formula for carb size.
And it does dictate that I should go for a 700-750 cfm. My only reservation
is that gas cost 2 us dollars pr litre here in Denmark. And I have heard
that using a large carburetor does not always get you what you want. Instead
it usually just increases the fuel consumption without an effect increase.
But going the other way just a little bit, sounds to me like a proper way to
start, then maybe increase it later. Maybe I will be changing the jets.

I am only trying to start the right way, without generating problems in the
beginning.

 Once I built a Kawasaki z900 (from 1974 I think), with a larger bore and a
racing cam, adding larger carbs. It would not accelerate right; the solution
was to change the jets going smaller. Changed them 3 times. Finally it
worked; it had power all over, top and bottom. However it became dangerous.
When, it hit 130 kilometres pr hour. (Just above middle range rpm). The
frame started twisting. That's when the power really kicked in. the frame
and bushings were new. I sold it immediately it was too dangerous.

Point being, I like to start in the low end and see what happens from there.

You replied that the lift should be under .500, what about duration(I am not
to strong in knowledge about cams) has it any significance?

Again thank you,

Knud Holm