To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2009 7:57 PM
Subject: RE: Finally. again

Well it's been a series of issues. Two things were the biggest help.
Finding out the fuel pump valve had fallen out was a biggie. The new
Holley blue pump does a good job. Next the relocation of the coil from
horizontal to vertical stopped the abrupt dying. That was a simple and
very effective fix. I should'a known. I do believe the NGK 3354 plugs I
installed today have had a real impact also. I had the Autolite 75's in
it but they had been abused so I got the NGK's that Nick T recommended.
It wound up to 6K today in a flash without a hiccup. Not bad. I had the
tach marked at 5200rpm but I upped it to 5500 now. It doesn't fall off
up there now.

All the carb rejetting was significant but without everything working
right it couldn't be set properly either. I wound up with the same
metering rods as stock but with one stage lean on both jets. The springs
are the second stiffest. The accel nozzles are stock but set at max
stroke.

The rewire made a huge difference in the ignition system and with the
gauges and lighting. I now have a stable voltage to the ignition system.

The cooling system is almost bullet proof. I still need a shroud or
electric fans as it can warm up in heavy traffic or when stopped and/or
going very slow. It will cool down immediately though as soon as you
move. I am thinking of building an air dam of rubber under/behind the
front bumper. A guy here with a Plymouth said that fixed his car right
up. It causes a low pressure behind the radiator which sucks air through
the radiator.

When you start by changing everything you leave yourself wide open to
multiple problems that overlap and change each other. Makes for lots of
fun!!

Rich Kinsley '64 Dodge Polara 4dr 318poly w/teeth
Gary Pavlovich wrote:

Rich,

Congratulations!  What items do you think corrected the previous
maladies?

Gary Pavlovich
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich Kinsley" <rlkinsley@xxxxxxxxx>