RE: Attencion Trans Experts,,,,Question! - Answers!

RE: Attencion Trans Experts,,,,Question! - Answers!

Thanks for all the kind references guys.

Stevan detailed the swap perfectly.  Not much more to say there.  All of our
(Promerican/Imperial Services)conversions are designed to be carried out
without destroying or altering original parts, so that the stuff can be put
back to original by a future owner.

Ever given thought to where your car will be in 50 or 100 years?  200?  500?
Through your blood, sweat, and tears (okay, and dollars), you have preserved
a piece of automotive history ensuring that future generations will know how
cool '62-'65 Mopars really were.  This includes those modified, restified,
race-i-fied, etc. as period modifications are significant parts of
automotive history.  Never underestimate the impact of what you do.

I suggest tagging and boxing all the old parts removed and tuck them away.
At some point you may wish to sell the car, give it to the kids, etc., and
those OE parts may prove valuable, even if not in perfect condition.

Those of you converting '65 transmissions probably also are aware that the
output shaft and tailshaft housing are of value - they can be swapped onto
any aluminum '62-'65 transmission to eliminate the ball and trunnion.  The
ball and trunnion is a very stout setup, but some folks feel the slip spline
is just easier to deal with.  I've probably shared this before, but the ball
and trunnion is the same setup used on helicopters back in the day, and was
used on high-end european cars like Bentleys and Rolls Royces.  Good stuff.
If you really feel the need to get rid of the '65 transmission parts, let
Gary post them on the '62-65 site so group members get the first shot.

Again, thanks for the kind words.  We have down-sized to make sure we
survive the current economic slide so we're usually hard to reach by phone.
We had as many as 8 people working here 2 years ago, but we get by now with
just my girlfriend and myself, and occasionally one other part timer.  We do
have a new toll free number, 888-476-1210 with voice mail.  We try to answer
all messages within a day or two.  E-mail works best.

We are trying to update our website with some tech pages that will detail
this swap and others relevant to the '62-'65 cars.  I'll post the
information here when they are available.

Again, many thanks.

SC

Steve Charette
Promerican Corporation/Imperial Services
62 Suburban 6 passenger Wagon - project in waiting
64 Savoy 2dr sedan - in resto now
64 Fury 4dr Sedan - Daily Driver
68 Barracuda 499ci Max Wedge - fresh motor in assy
81 Imperial
93 Ram D350 Cummins 5spd
07 Ram 1500 - Beater