Re: Winter project thoughts

${top_text_ad}
They make pre-made and shaped things like hat you are talking about
and they are called "turtles". I remember my uncle (who used to race
dirt oval) showed me once. I'm not sure if the manifold needs to be
setup for them w/ a threaded hole or what. Jegs or summit or your
local speed shop may have them.

--
Bill M
65 Coronet 500 'vert http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/mmo62008.html

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 12:19 AM, Rich Kinsley <rlkinsley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Rich Kinsley '64 Dodge Polara 4dr 318poly w/goodies
>
> I remember someone mentioning that they built up the intake manifold
> under the carb venturi with JB Weld that tapered off towards the outside
> to help force the gases towards the intake valves. My Weiand WPD4D has a
> seperating wall between each side with only small notches as a balancer
> right under the carbs. I have been thinking of removing most of the wall
> under the carbs and perhaps building a small sheetmetal ramp over the
> center wall area. Perhaps I could drill and tap for screws to fasten it
> down. I'd kinda like to get the manifold powdercoated so while it's out
> I could play with it a bit. Maybe JB Weld would be a better option but
> I'm wondering what would happen if it broke up and headed into the
> engine?  Anybody got any thoughts of what impact this mod might have?

${bottom_text_ad}
----

This email was sent to: ${recipient}

u/?bUrDWg.${encoded_sub_id}.${EMC}