Re: 850 DP vs dual 4's

When I met Ramcharger, Mike Buckel after him picking my '63 as his
choice as best of show I mentioned to him that I just have to find a
crossram to complete the super stock look. His EXACT words were, "Why
do you want to add another problem to your car? 2 carbs, 2 problems."
He said that my vac secondary 850 is the best for drivability and all
around performance. I took his advice to heart and had a close buddy
who's been tuning carbs for 40+ years tune up my carb to perfection. I
think as a Ramcharger and Chrysler engine development engineer, Mike
knows what he's talking about. I still love the look of the crossram,
lust after one, but all around drivability can't be beat with a
properly tuned carb.

My $0.02 passing on what was offered to me by a legend.

Steve.

----