said that the engine would be noisy compared to the stock build,  but would not
cause harm,,,,,,,if someone is interested I will try to find the  article
and post it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, dodger

In a message dated 1/28/2010 12:30:03 P.M. Central Standard Time,
stevec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Tom,
We used to do it on big blocks all the  time (flat tops), but have
never tried it on a small block.  We were  always careful not to rev it to
much when the motor was cold but it seemed  that the motors made more power.

SC

-----Original  Message-----
From: Tom Watters [mailto:tomwatters@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:  Thursday, January 28, 2010 12:58 AM
To:  1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: 273 Swapping Sides on  Pistons

Over on the A-Bodies only Board, they are talking about  swapping sides on
the 10.5:1 pistons on 273's.  I had some confusion,  but it seems to make a
little sense.  Dome offset isnt centered, so  parts of the piston may come
closer to the head in places and more gap in  others.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=84332 (3/4  down the
page is where part of it starts posted by Russ (Double  M).

Has anybody on the list done this in the past and had any real  success?
What are the downsides to  this?

Thoughts?

Thanks
--Tom

----
Please  address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person --
directly to  that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and negotiations as
well  as other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the
 Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce
the  total volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic.
Thanks!

1962 to 1965 Mopar Clubhouse Discussion  Guidelines:
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html and
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/general_disclaimer.html.