Re: Lifts - was RE: Heater hindsight

Granted I've only had my lift installed ~1.5 months, but I've had no
problems w/ it. It's made my Atlas and from
www.gregsmithequipment.com.

I prefer the 2 post over the 4 simply because of vehicle access. Sure
you can lift the car up off a 4-post w/ special jacks to do suspension
work, but then the ramps, etc are always in the way for everything. If
I want the wheels on the ground, I'll work on it on the ground.

It's fairly easy to dig a footer for your lift...a friend did it in an
afternoon for his lift. I'm not sure that a 3" slab will be adequate
for the 4-post version either. If you worried about mobility, they
make portable 1 post lifts that you slide under the car from the side
too.

Whatever you do, do a TON of research and really think out your
possibilities and options. I ended up planning for mine ~ 4 years in
advance of it's installation.
--
Bill M
65 Coronet 500 'vert http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/mmo62008.html