RE: Torque Convertor

Hi,

We expect to use it in the "putt putt" style to cruise nights and down
the highway.  I don't think that my wife will launch the car often.

I agree with the stock convertor for stock use and that is what the car
will be.  i'm pretty sure that I can get rid of the convertor and trade
for a stock one easily enough since the input shaft has been changed to
a newer style.

The cam is a stock grind, the engine is a 383 bored .030 over with a
Edelbrock Performer manifold and a 72 340 Thermoquad.

The rear is 2.76.  I'll likely go 15 inch wheels but put on a tire that
keeps the stock overall diameter so the speedometer won't be too far out
or touch with reality.

Does anyone know about the lock up convertors and whether they will work
in a car without a computer controlling the tranny.

K.