RE: Torque Convertor

kevin, as gary said,
Bottom line; stock engine - stock convertor; and a HP engine must match
the convertor stall to your cam/engine's requirements.
you do NOT need a stall convertor unless you have a radical cam, meaning over stock. if you run a stock convert with a radical cam, the car will not idle. the converter has to slip with a radical cam. i learned this the hard way years ago. if your motor is stock, leave the convert stock.         jeff