To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 11:07 AM
Subject: Re: Mopar 383 engine tech

Do you have an oil priming rod?  That might tell you if the pump is
working or not.

- Jim
Jim Altemose, Long Island, NY
'63 Polara 500 (Max Wedge)
'63 Polara 500 (383)
'65 Belvedere I (Street Wedge)
'71 Bronco

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Joseph Bitterman
<furyrestored@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
had a similiar thing happen to me and the felt that goes on the crank at the timing chain dissintegrated and found its way to the oil pump pickup!engine was running fine one minute and then started ticking and oil pressure dropped to zero i pulled the oil pan and found the felt was packed in the screen at the pick up thank god i was at home in the garage when this happened or it would have definately been a bad deal which i still had alot of time invested and such but luckily caught it right away and no damage done