Re: Four speed changeover

Gary, In my case, I wanted all correct parts to be sure the clutch
linkage would have the correct geometry , like the factory intended.
I thought about an aftermarket scattershield  bellhouse, but was told
I may not be able to set the runout correctly.  The correct Bellhouse
is hard to find, but I did get one. Brewers Performance offers them in
new aluminum.  Having the pivot for the Z bar -tranny side is
important abd later bellhouse may not work right.  Even the correct
clutch fork is hard to find. and is important.  I just found that even
the fork pivot must be correct! Linkage between them is easy to get
from Brewers and not pricey.
  You have to consider if your crank has the right pilot bearing
drilled.  If non, there is a alternative that does not need tear down
or machining.  In that process there are certain steps that are easy,
but must be done.  After all is installed, then do measurements for
your driveshaft. . If your tranny has the splined output shaft, it is
the same yoke as a 727 auto.  If you are lucky you may find one the
right length, or get a longer one and have it shortened to the right
length. To make it in balance , a driveline shop should do that. Be
prepared for the cost of a new Hurst and the seperatly purchased
linkage kit!!
   If you have an external balanced engine, a flywheel is another
story.
Brewers online catalog is a wealth of information, and Wayne ther
knows his stuff-talk to him.  Or I will be glad to help further if I

--
--
--