Re: Transmission 1964 Plymouth (was Re: Abridged summary of 1962t...@xxx

Re: Transmission 1964 Plymouth (was Re: Abridged summary of 1962t...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 4 Messages in 1 Topic)

Yes I already posted an update earlier today:
>> I meant a small block TorqueFlite.  I used the wrong shorthand, oops.

In other words, if you want to use a lever-shifted floor shift,  then a 1966 and newer TorqueFlite, found behind a small block bolt pattern engine, is what you seek. Most of these will be from LA small blocks, but the trans behind the "A" (Poly 318) from 1966 or 1967 will work also.

The other advice already provided by folks about how to get the PB shifter to work is included in this email in the copy of the discussion thread; see below. There was also a mail that discussed shifter cables in the thread.
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/cablestranny.html gives the part numbers. Console shifts used a different length cable.

If you want to keep the original Push Buttons, buy a 1962 - 1964 (easier to find) or 1965 small block transmission.
That's what I would do because it is less complicated and I like the  Push Button as a conversation starter and fun to use. That's just my 2 cents.

Thanks,
Gary H.

--
--