IML: 58 LeBaron sedan for sale in San Antonio

IML: 58 LeBaron sedan for sale in San Antonio

There is a 1958 Imperial sedan located in San Antonio for sale on e-bay. Item link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4525632270&category=43905

I saw this car a year or so ago at the place where the interior was being worked on. I spent more time underneath it than inside it at the time because the seats were out and the headliner was missing. At the time I was looking for a transmission rubber block, the one that goes between the rear of the transmission and the chassis. It was at this time I discovered that the items were not the same on the four door hard top and the sedan due to the large "X" added to the hardtop's chassis, but that's a whole different story.

The seller seems to be a good person - I don't know him - and I can confirm his story. The car was to be restored. The wife of the owner at that time was none too keen on the car and had told her husband either fix it up or junk it. He was putting some money in the car but the project was already languishing. An unhappy wife and rising expenditures on a neglected car is not a happy combination.

As a LeBaron sedan, the car is somewhat underpriced, in my opinion, based on what I saw then. There is indeed little or no rust on the car. I hope it is "saved," and not bought by someone who just want it for parts. It's in pretty good condition, and with so much of the interior done, redoing the mechanicals should not be too difficult. I could scope it again if anyone is interested.

Hugh
58 Imperial