Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2005 4:39 AM
To: Imperial Mailing List
Subject: IML: 58 LeBaron sedan for sale in San Antonio

There is a 1958 Imperial sedan located in San Antonio for sale on e-bay.

Item link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=45256
32270&category=43905

I saw this car a year or so ago at the place where the interior was
being
worked on.  I spent more time underneath it than inside it at the time
because the seats were out and the headliner was missing.  At the time I
was
looking for a transmission rubber block, the one that goes between the
rear
of the transmission and the chassis.  It was at this time I discovered
that
the items were not the same on the four door hard top and the sedan due
the large "X" added to the hardtop's chassis, but that's a whole
different
story.

The seller seems to be a good person - I don't know him - and I can
confirm
his story.  The car was to be restored.  The wife of the owner at that
time
was none too keen on the car and had told her husband either fix it up
or
junk it.  He was putting some money in the car but the project was
already
languishing.  An unhappy wife and rising expenditures on a neglected car
is
not a happy combination.

As a LeBaron sedan, the car is somewhat underpriced, in my opinion,
based on
what I saw then.  There is indeed little or no rust on the car.  I hope
it
is "saved," and not bought by someone who just want it for parts.  It's
in
pretty good condition, and with so much of the interior done, redoing
the
mechanicals should not be too difficult.  I could scope it again if
anyone
is interested.

Hugh
58 Imperial