Re: IML: Oil bath cleaner conversion

Norm Milliner has done a good conversion on his Plymouth. The details may be different because of the engine cubes, but it should give you a clue to the method.

I know the pro's and con's of oil vs paper, but I'm going the paper route with my 40 flathead.

Ricky Luke
1940 C25 Royal on a Windsor chassis
and Imperial interior. Best of everything
Castlemaine Victoria Australia

 Nothing beats an oil bath air filter in a dusty local for keeping grit out of the engine. My favorite feature of the oil baths is that fact that you can make use of the old engine oil after you change it. You also don't have to play games with the auto parts droids in order to find a paper one that fits, this could become a problem with an ancient American car particularly in Australia. Being a car from 1940 Chrysler it may not have an actual oil bath but just an oil soaked filter element made of bronze or some such material.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A left Side tailight bezel and other trim parts, complete with oil bath air cleaner.
1975 Chrysler Newport
Need to go shopping for ignition parts tomorrow,
the cap and rotor are scrap.