Re: IML: Business stealing members addresses from the IML

Re: IML: Business stealing members addresses from the IML

David and others on this list (yes, me too) are receiving spam from people
who "harvest" e-mail addresses using software that reads the contents of an
individual's or a server's address book.  These spammers use software that
allows them to pretend to be a trusted sender to entice you to open the
message.  There are also viruses that will cause a message to be sent from
the infected computer to everybody in the owner's address book.  This is
just another fact of internet life.

You can protect yourself somewhat by setting your e-mail software to
indicate your return address as joeblow"at"service"dot"com and never
sending your proper address in the body of a message.  If you have a fixed
IP address (most of us don't), you are more likely to be a target.  A good
firewall will also help.

-- David

                      "Jeffrey M. Fastov"
                      <jfastov@xxxxxxxxxxx>           To:       <mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                        cc:
                      ialclub.com

                      02/23/2005 10:37 PM
                      Please respond to
                      mailing-list

bigdog is a member of our list and i have dealt with him before.he is not
an outsider.