IML: off idle stumble

Hi everyone. I just rebuilt my holley 4160 and everything is new and runnibg o.k. except for stalling off idle. It runs great at WOT, apparently I rebuilt a great race carb. If I lightly press the accelerator so I can move a little faster than idle it stumbles and dies.....very unnerving in traffic. The accelerator pump is new and installed by the book....four books to be exact. I adjusted it everyway I could to no avail, I even tried adjusting the accelerator pump cam. I cannot help but wonder if I touched something I should not have or improperly.  I do my best not to get angry but I have been fooling with it all weekend. I read everything I could in the archives like the suggestion to drop-kick it into the nearest trash can. It appears there is just not enough movement to squirt enough fuel off idle.
  Can someone please help before I beat the livin' #%#$!&%# out of the carb.

Keith
1970 LeBaron